Cashless hospitalization is a facility provided by the insurance company where the policyholder can get admitted and undergo necessary treatment without paying the hospital directly for the medical expenses. The eligible medical expenditure which is incurred is settled by the insurance company directly with the hospital. You can avail cashless hospitalization only in the hospitals that are part of your TPA’s network. Medi Assist enables you to avail cashless hospitalization at a hospital that falls within your insurer’s network and also entitles you to discounts and reduced package tariffs at these hospitals. Hospitalization and related expenses can be made cashless upon approval of pre-authorization based on your policy cover. It allows you the relief of no upfront payments from your pocket.
At Medi Assist, you can avail cashless and eCashless hospitalization at our network of hospitals.
Cashless Hospitalization Procedure
- Visit medibuddy.in/ecardto view and download your e-Card instantly.
- Visit medibuddy.in/networkHospitals for a GPS map based search to locate nearest network hospital.
- At the hospital, display your e-Card at the insurance desk.
- Complete and submit the pre-authorization form.
- Your Hospital will send the form to Medi Assist for approval.
- During the course of hospitalization, Medi Assist may request your hospital for additional information to approve interim claims and final bills before discharge.
- Track your claim in real time- Medibuddy:
– Click the Claims tile
– Visit www.medibuddy.in/claim
- The hospital will ask you to pay for all the non-medical expenses in your bill.
- You will have to pay for all pre- and post-hospitalization expenses. These can be claimed only after the settlement of the main hospitalization claim.
- At the time of discharge, check and sign the original bills and the discharge summary. Do carry home a copy of the signed bill, discharge summary and all your investigation reports for future reference.
- Visit www.medibuddy.in/ecard to view and download your eCard instantly.
- Click the eCashless tile on your MediBuddy mobile app or Click the Hospitalization tab on the portal.
- Enter the details of your impending hospitalization and send your intimation at least 48 hours ahead of admission.
- You receive a secure passcode confirming your provisional preauthorization.
- On the day of admission, you present your secure passcode, e-Card and photo ID card at the hospital.
- Submit additional information as required to process interim claims and final bill before discharge.
- Track your claim in real-time-MediBuddy
- Click the Claims tile
- Visit www.medibuddy.in/claim
Note: In case of suppression of material facts or misrepresentation of facts by the hospital or the insured, the pre authorization issued for the cashless facility will stand cancelled. The insured will be liable to settle the hospital bill in full.